Are you looking for “All Things” Similes and Metaphors? This bundle is the answer! This Simile and Metaphor Bundle includes everything to teach, practice, and assess Similes and Metaphors from start to finish.
This bundle has you covered …no more hunting for engaging Similes and Metaphor Resources, and no more time wasted prepping for hours.
Simply print these activities and use them anytime to meet your needs and your student’s needs! These activities are perfect for independent practice, time fillers, early finishers, small groups, centers, and so much more.
Students love the variety of options. You will love the differentiation!
Purchasing this Similes and Metaphors Bundle will save you 30%.
***These resources are included in other Vocabulary bundles.***
1. Week Lesson, Practice, and Assessment:
- Teacher Version Lesson Notes with Practice: Definitions and examples to teach the standard with 10 practice problems
- Student Version Lesson Notes with Practice: Fill in the blank definitions and examples to learn the standard with 10 practice problems
- Interactive Notebook version of Student Notes
- Practice Page: Students identify similes and metaphors in a short text, identify their meaning, and practice changing from a simile to a metaphor to further understand the difference. An engaging activity page practicing the standard!
- Application Practice Page: Students practice creating their own similes and metaphors. This page scaffolds the process and has students start by completing steps until they finally try it on their own. Students also reflect on the purpose of similes and metaphors.
- Sentence Frames/ Stems: 10 Frames/ Stems to use throughout the week!
- Student copy of Sentence Frames to use throughout the week
- Foldable for Interactive Notebooks
- 2 Drawing Activities for Your Visual Learners
- 4 Exit Tickets using Different Levels of Questioning
- Study Cards! Glue onto an index card and study for the assessment! A great School to Home Connection!
- Answer Keys
- A digital version of all activities included!
2. 6 Activities
- 3 Column Note-Taking Activity: Students fill in or create three columns with different tasks in each one. There are two options for this activity.
- Sort Activity: Students sort sentences into categories. Differentiation is done through the use of partners.
- Art Activity: Students create a visual for the concept and have a short writing piece.
- Game Activity: Two options are provided with different levels of difficulty.
- Close Read Activity: This is best used as a teacher-led guided reading group center, but it can easily be used whole class too! There are tasks to complete with each read and another page that can be completed after the read!
- Writing Activity: Students write using the given prompt. Two options are provided with different levels of difficulty.
- Direction Tents for each Activity
- Answer Keys/ Samples/ Examples
- A Digital version of all activities is included
3. Task Card Activities
- 30 Colorful and Engaging Task Cards on Similes and Metaphors
- 3 Types of Questioning for Differentiation: #1-10 asks students to identify the sentence that has a simile, #11-20 asks students to identify the sentence that has a metaphor and #21-30 asks students to identify the two items that are being compared along with the simile or metaphor’s meaning
- Engaging Recording Sheet where three hikers race back to their campsites. Students record the answers on this page. The hiker that has the most answers wins!
- 2 Extension Activities- One activity has students go back and identify if the task card is a simile or metaphor in task cards #21-30 and the other has students dive in deeper to understand a simile or metaphor of their choice!
- Answer Keys
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share this with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by The Rigorous Owl.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution is limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.