Looking for resources to help your students MASTER Similes and Metaphors INCLUDING ASSESSMENT? Look no further!
This print and digital Similes and Metaphors resource is BURSTING at the seams with ways to teach Similes and Metaphors!
You have a plethora of material to cover Similes and Metaphors to MASTERY!
Why YOU Will Love This Similes and Metaphors Resource:
#1 Your Similes and Metaphors Lesson Planning is DONE for an ENTIRE WEEK!!!!
#2 All Materials are NO PREP/ Print and Go!
#3 Your Students Will Be ENGAGED and LEARNING!
Here’s What is included in this Similes and Metaphors Resource:
- Teacher Version Lesson Notes with Practice: Definitions and examples to teach the standard with 10 practice problems
- Student Version Lesson Notes with Practice: Fill in the blank definitions and examples to learn the standard with 10 practice problems
- Interactive Notebook version of Student Notes
- Practice Page: Students identify similes and metaphors in a short text, identify their meaning, and practice changing from a simile to a metaphor to further understand the difference. An engaging activity page practicing the standard!
- Application Practice Page: Students practice creating their own similes and metaphors. This page scaffolds the process and has students start by completing steps until they finally try it on their own. Students also reflect on the purpose of similes and metaphors.
- Sentence Frames/ Stems: 10 Frames/ Stems to use throughout the week!
- Student copy of Sentence Frames to use throughout the week
- Foldable for Interactive Notebooks
- 2 Drawing Activities for Your Visual Learners
- 4 Exit Tickets using Different Levels of Questioning
- Study Cards! Glue onto an index card and study for the assessment! A great School to Home Connection!
- Answer Keys
- A digital version of all activities included!
Suggested Lesson Plans for Mastering Similes and Metaphors in one week:
•Day 1: Lesson Notes & Practice/ Practice Page/ Sentence Frames/ Exit Ticket
•Day 2: Engaging Practice Page/ Sentence Frames/ Exit Ticket
•Day 3: Foldable/ Sentence Frame/ Study Cards/ Exit Ticket
•Day 4: Drawing Activities/ Sentence Frames/ Study Cards/ Exit Ticket
•Day 5: Study Cards/ Assessment
*Use sentence frames throughout the year for spiral review!
Need other resources for teaching Similes and Metaphors?
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by The Rigorous Owl.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.