Looking for resources to help your students MASTER Reference Materials INCLUDING ASSESSMENT? Look no further!
This digital and print Reference Materials resource is BURSTING at the seams with ways to teach Reference Materials!
You have a plethora of material to cover Reference Materials to MASTERY!
Why YOU Will Love This Resource:
#1 Your Lesson Planning is DONE for an ENTIRE WEEK!!!!
#2 All Materials are NO PREP/ Print and Go!
#3 Your Students Will Be ENGAGED and LEARNING!
Here’s What You Get:
- Teacher Version Lesson Notes with Practice: Two pages of definitions and examples to teach the standard with 10 practice problems
- Student Version Lesson Notes with Practice: Two pages of fill in the blank definitions and examples to learn the standard with 10 practice problems
- Interactive Notebook version of Student Notes
- Practice Page: Two pages of entries covering all five types of reference materials: Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Thesaurus, Atlas and Almanac. Students read through the entries, the reasons why they are being used and answer questions about the entries. An engaging activity page practicing the standard!
- Another Practice Page: Students color in squares to practice identifying the best reference material to use for a given situation. Students also practice using guide words by identifying which word they would find on the page.
- Sentence Frames/ Stems: 10 Frames/ Stems to use throughout the week!
- Student copy of Sentence Frames to use throughout the week
- Foldable for Interactive Notebooks
- 2 Drawing Activities for Your Visual Learners
- 4 Exit Tickets using Different Levels of Questioning
- Study Cards! Glue onto an index card and study for the assessment! A great School to Home Connection!
- Answer Keys
- A digital version of all activities included!
Suggested Lesson Plans for Mastering Reference Materials in one week:
•Day 1: Lesson Notes & Practice/ Practice Page/ Sentence Frames/ Exit Ticket
•Day 2: Engaging Practice Page/ Sentence Frames/ Exit Ticket
•Day 3: Foldable/ Sentence Frame/ Study Cards/ Exit Ticket
•Day 4: Drawing Activities/ Sentence Frames/ Study Cards/ Exit Ticket
•Day 5: Study Cards/ Assessment
*Use sentence frames throughout the year for spiral review!
Need other resources for teaching Reference Materials?
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.