Have fun with PUNS with this activity called PUNsicles! Students will love learning about what PUNS are in this fun, hands-on project!
In this activity, students will match the question to its answer on the popsicle sticks. They will need to think about what makes sense and what words the author used to create the pun. Students will highlight the text evidence that makes the pun a pun.
Students will then cut out the popsicles, match them with the other half and glue them in the bucket that matches the reason the pun is a pun.
An extension activity is also included where students can create their own pun. This extension is optional.
We have also provided large bulletin board letters to spell out the word “PUNS” for a cute display.
Answer key with explanation is provided.
-Labels for Reader’s Notebooks and a larger image for the Construction paper display.
-2 pages of puns on popsicle sticks
-2 Sand Buckets to sort the puns into
-Cute Bulletin Board Letters in popsicles to spell out the word “PUNS”
-Answer Key with explanation
NEED MORE END OF THE YEAR ACTIVITIES????
- End of the Year Activity Packing My Bags
- 30 No Prep End of the Year Activities
- End of the Year Reading Yearbook Project
- End of the Year Summer Pennants
- End of the Year Welcoming Letter, Supply List and MORE for NEXT Year’s Students
- End of the Year Book Awards
- End of the Year Brochures Activities
- End of the Year Activities | No Prep
- Puns Figurative Language PUNsicle Activity
- Digital End of the Year Memory Book | Distance Learning
- End of the Year Bingo Activity
- End of the Year | Teacher Reflection | Student Survey | Parent Survey
- End of the Year Color by Number Math Worksheets | Number Sense Practice
- End of the Year Summer Countdown Activity | Editable
- End of the Year Summer Activities Packet
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by The Rigorous Owl.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.