Reading Biography? Conducting Research on a Famous Person? Host a LIVING WAX MUSEUM! Take your living wax museum to the next level with this toolkit! We have EVERYTHING you need from start to finish to make your Living Wax Museum Event a SUCCESS! #merrytwodollardeals
Here’s What You Get:
- Letter to Parents: Give parents all the details ahead of time along with due dates! (Editable Version Included)
- Choosing a Person to Research: Students list possible people that interest them and then narrow down their options and give a reason.
- Goal Setting Bookmark: Having students read a biography on their person? Have them set goals so they finish the book on time!
- Note-Taking Page: Have students take notes as they read their book! (Editable Version Included)
- Planning the Presentation: Students brainstorm ways they can dress up as their person and what props they can make or bring.
- My Speech: Two versions have been included to meet the needs of your students. While some can write their speech from scratch, others need a guideline. Choose what meets the needs of your class. (Editable Version Included)
- Interview Questions: This is an optional activity to add to your event. Take it a step further! After students present, have the spectators choose 2 questions to ask the presenter. Students prepare their answers ahead of time. (Editable Version Included)
- Living Wax Museum Invitations: Invite administrators, staff, other classes or parents with this fun invitation! (Editable Version Included)
- Welcome to the Museum Sign: Print on Astrobrights paper and place on your door!
- “Press Here” Button: Have spectators press this “button” to begin the presentation. Students are frozen in a pose before and after the speech. Print on Astrobrights paper to make it easy to find!
- Guest Brochure: Want to impress your visitors from the start? Hand them a brochure as they enter! This brochure makes their visit interactive and engaging! Visitors get to read directions, leave feedback, and vote! They can vote for Best Dressed, Most Interesting, Best Speech and Best Overall Exhibit! Got your own ideas for awards? An editable version is included!
- Thank You Cards: Thank your guests as they leave or send home at a later time! This is a nice touch for the end of your event.
- Student Awards: After your event, look at the votes in the brochures. Host an award ceremony! Award your students for a job well done! Included Awards: Best Dressed, Best Speech, Most Interesting, Best Overall Exhibit and Teacher’s Choice. (Editable Awards Also Included)
- Student Reflection Page: After the event is over, have students look back at all of their hard work and reflect on their project!
This Resource is for YOU if…
- You want to make learning engaging for your students.
- You love taking your lessons to the next level.
- You want to make a lasting impact on your students.
- You need a resource that saves you time and energy.
Other resources you may want to give a try:
If you have any questions, email us at: email@example.com
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by © The Rigorous Owl
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.