Need Halloween writing activities that are digital?
Get ready to take your students through the Writing Process DIGITALLY while writing about Halloween!
We were so tired of just giving our students writing prompts and seeing them immediately start to publish!
The work that they were turning in was less than what was expected. We knew we needed to make a resource that would engage them and take their writing to the next level!
Why YOU Will LOVE Digital Writing Prompts for October:
Imagine a resource that engages students, improves their writing and is NO PREP! Now, stop imagining! It’s here! Digital Writing Prompts for October starts off with the #1 engagement strategy that we know of… STUDENT CHOICE! Students are given a Writing Prompt Choice Board. The writing prompts are monthly themed and high interest! Once students select a prompt, they are given everything they need in a click of a button. They are given a colorful and thematic Prompt, a Brainstorm page with ready-to-use text boxes, a Planning page that is specific to the prompt, a page for their Rough Draft, a Revise and Edit page with movable pieces to check off each step, and finally a colorful and thematic Publish page!
Why Students Will LOVE Digital Writing Prompts for October:
Students will love these writing prompts because they are in control of their writing! They start off with student choice to engage them from the start. Students are able to go through the writing process without having to hunt for each page. Students also love the colorful visuals and the monthly themes!
★Step-by-Step Tutorials/ Directions for each part of this resource
★Writing Prompt Choice Board with 9 Creative and Engaging Writing Prompts for the Month of October
- Write a Friendly Letter to a first responder (to celebrate National First Responders’ Day)
- Write a Personal Response on kindness (to celebrate National Do Something Nice Day)
- Write an Opinion Piece on sloths (to celebrate National Sloths Day)
- Write a Fictional Narrative about a pumpkin without a costume at a costume party (to celebrate National Pumpkin Day)
- Write a Personal Response about reading (October= National Book Month)
- Write a Fictional Narrative about a spooky noise downstairs (October= Spoooky)
- Write a Fictional Narrative about a car coming to life after you named it (to celebrate National Name Your Car Day)
- Write a Personal Response about Halloween traditions (to celebrate Halloween)
- Write a Personal Response about desserts (to celebrate National Dessert Day)
★Paper Sign-Up Sheet
★Google Forms Sign-Up
★Links for Each Writing Prompt
- Each link contains 6 Google Slides… one for each step of the writing process
- Prompt: A visually engaging page that lists the prompts and questions to consider in their writing
- Brainstorm Page: A page with ready-to-click text boxes that spark ideas for their writing
- Planning Page: A graphic organizer that takes their brainstorm to an organized format
- Rough Draft Page: A page where students take their ideas and turn them into sentences and paragraphs
- Revise and Edit Page: This page uses ARMS (Add, Remove, Move, Substitute) for the Revise step and CUPS (Capitalization, Usage, Punctuation, Spelling) for the Edit step. Each step has directions and students move the checkmarks after they complete each step.
- Publish Page: Students finally take their revised writing and publish it on
- colorful and thematic stationery!
Here are some more resources that we think you will LOVE!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This pack is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.