The Purpose of this Resource
This resource is intended to be used after Reading Strategies have been taught. This resource trains students how to use Reading Strategies so that they become a natural part of the student’s reading process. Passages are leveled so that they can be given at an instructional level (not independent). Students access increasingly challenging texts and gain understanding and fluency with the teacher’s help. Teachers guide students, scaffold, and gradually promote independence through the text.
7 Passages at 4 Different Reading Levels Totaling 28 Leveled Passages Ready-to-Use TODAY!
4 Fiction and 3 Nonfiction Texts
List of Each Passage’s Reading Level
Reading Response Sheets for Each Passage
Table of Contents for Ease of Prepping
Reading Strategy Groups Chart: Target the Strategies Each Child Needs Based On Your Observations
Color and Blackline Versions Included!
Unexpected Rain (All about a camping trip that gets rained out!)
A Misty Adventure (All about a family’s trip to Niagara Falls!)
The Mural (A student gets the opportunity to paint a mural at her school!)
Brian’s Trip to the Aquarium (All about sea creatures!)
How to Use this Resource:
- Step 1: Group your students based on their reading level. Form groups no more than 8.
- Step 2: Run copies of passages that match their reading level. (See Reading Levels of Passages page)
- Step 3: Run copies of Reading Strategies Response Sheet. The same sheet can be used for all levels.
- Step 4: Map out your week. One passage is perfect for one week of instruction!
- Step 5: Pull Guided Reading Groups focusing on Before, During and After Reading Strategies.
- Step 6: Make Observations
This Resource is for YOU If:
- You want a class full of readers that aren’t struggling on the act of reading but are able to focus on the standards you are teaching
- You want to challenge your students to read increasingly challenging texts
- You want to have a rich dialogue with your students about their reading
- You want Ready-to-Use materials at your fingertips
- Please read the following before you purchase this resource:
All Sales are Final and Nonrefundable.
All products are digital downloads that are delivered electronically and can be downloaded immediately. No shipping required.
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution is limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Any questions? Email us at: