Are you looking to have students MASTER Reading Strategies?
Guided Reading Groups are your answer!
Guided Reading Groups are where the teacher pulls leveled reading groups to work on a standard. Passages are leveled to match the student’s instructional reading level.
The Purpose of this Resource
This resource is intended to be used after Reading Strategies have been taught. This resource trains students how to use Reading Strategies so that they become a natural part of the student’s reading process. Passages are leveled so that they can be given at an instructional level (not independent). Students access increasingly challenging texts and gain understanding and fluency with the teacher’s help. Teachers guide students, scaffold and gradually promote independence through the text.
- 7 Passages at 4 Different Reading Levels Totaling 28 Leveled Passages Ready-to-Use TODAY!
- 4 Fiction and 3 Nonfiction Texts
- List of Each Passage’s Reading Level
- Reading Response Sheets for Each Passage
- Table of Contents for Ease of Prepping
- Reading Strategy Groups Chart: Target the Strategies Each Child Needs Based Off Your Observations
- Answer Keys
- Color and Blackline Versions Included!
- Dwarf Planets
- Helen Keller
- Unexpected Rain (All about a camping trip that gets rained out!)
- A Misty Adventure (All about a family’s trip to Niagara Falls!)
- The Mural (A student gets the opportunity to paint a mural at her school!)
- Brian’s Trip to the Aquarium (All about sea creatures!)
How to Use this Resource
- Step 1: Group your students based on their reading level. Form groups no more than 8.
- Step 2: Run copies of passages that match their reading level. (See Reading Levels of Passages page)
- Step 3: Run copies of Reading Strategies Response Sheet. The same sheet can be used for all levels.
- Step 4: Map out your week. One passage is perfect for one week of instruction!
- Step 5: Pull Guided Reading Groups focusing on Before, During and After Reading Strategies.
- Step 6: Make Observations
This Resource is for YOU If:
- You want a class full of readers that aren’t struggling on the act of reading, but are able to focus on the standards you are teaching
- You want to challenge your students to read increasingly challenging texts
- You want to have rich dialogue with your students about their reading
- You want Ready-to-Use materials at your fingertips
Need other Great Reading Strategies Resources?
Need help organizing your Guided Reading Groups? Check out”
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This pack is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.