Using Context Clues is a crucial skill that readers need in order to access the text. Get a week’s worth of lessons that go from the introduction of the standard to assessment! Print and digital versions are included!
Here’s what’s included:
- Teacher Notes
- Student Notes (Full Page Version and Interactive Notebook Version): Fill in the blank style with samples and an open-ended question for students to restate what they learned
- Practice Page: 10 problems where students define a word’s meaning and identify the type of context clue that was used
- Activity Page: Students read the posts on the Context Clue Trail and determine the meaning of the words. Students then match up the sign to the correct flashlight to “shine a light” on the word’s meaning! A fun activity page practicing the standard!
- 2 Art Activities
- Sentence Frames (Full Page Version and Interactive Notebook Version): 10 frames/ stems to use throughout the week… or over the course of the year!
- 4 Exit Tickets using the different levels of questioning
- Study Cards! Glue onto an index card and study for the assessment! A great School to Home Connection!
- Answer Keys Included for all pages
- A digital version of all activities included!
**Context Clues addressed: Inference, Synonym, Antonym, Definition, and Examples**
Suggested Lesson Plans for Mastering Context Clues in one week:
•Day 1: Lesson Notes/ Practice Page/ Sentence Frames/ Exit Ticket
•Day 2: Engaging Practice Page/ Sentence Frames/ Exit Ticket
•Day 3: Foldable/ Sentence Frames/ Study Cards/ Exit Ticket
•Day 4: Drawing Activities/ Sentence Frames/ Study Cards/ Exit Ticket
•Day 5: Study Cards/ Assessment
*Sentence Frames should be spiraled throughout the year for continuous exposure to the standard
•Need More Resources to Teach Context Clues? Click…
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting my hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.