Get ready to take your students through the Writing Process DIGITALLY!
We were so tired of just giving our students writing prompts and seeing them immediately start to publish!
The work that they were turning in was less than what was expected.
We knew we needed to make a resource that would engage them and take their writing to the next level!
Why YOU Will LOVE Digital Writing Prompts for December:
Imagine a resource that engages students, improves their writing and is NO PREP!
Now, stop imagining! It’s here!
Digital Writing Prompts for December starts off with the #1 engagement strategy that we know of… STUDENT CHOICE!
Students are given a Writing Prompt Choice Board that they select their writing prompt from. The writing prompts are monthly themed and high interest!
Once students select a prompt, they are given everything they need in a click of a button.They are given a colorful and thematic Prompt, a Brainstorm page with ready-to-use text boxes, a Planning page that is specific to the prompt, a page for their Rough Draft, a Revise and Edit page with movable pieces to check off each step, and finally a colorful and thematic Publish page!
Why Students Will LOVE Digital Writing Prompts for December:
Students will love these writing prompts because they are in control of their writing! They start off with student choice to engage them from the start. Students are able to go through the writing process without having to hunt for each page. Students also love the colorful visuals and the monthly themes!
★Step-by-Step Tutorials/ Directions for each part of this resource
★Writing Prompt Choice Board with 9 Creative and Engaging Writing Prompts for the Month of December
- Write a Fictional Narrative about being a Time Traveler (to celebrate National Time Travel Day)
- Write a Research Report on either a Horse or Monkey (to celebrate National Horse and Monkey Day)
- Write a Personal Response about your Winter Favorites
- Write an Opinion Piece on Llamas (to celebrate National Llama Day)
- Write a Fictional Narrative about Ninjas! (to celebrate National Ninja Day)
- Write a Personal Response about your Christmas Traditions
- Write a Personal Response about inventing a new ice cream flavor (to celebrate National Ice Cream Day)
- Write a Fictional Narrative about a time when EVERYTHING got covered in chocolate (to celebrate National Everything Covered in Chocolate Day)
- Write a Friendly Letter to a loved one (to celebrate National Write a Letter Day)
★Paper Sign-Up Sheet
★Google Forms Sign-Up
★Links for Each Writing Prompt
- Each link contains 6 Google Slides… one for each step of the writing process
- Prompt: A visually engaging page that lists the prompts and questions to consider in their writing
- Brainstorm Page: A page with ready-to-click text boxes that spark ideas for their writing
- Planning Page: A graphic organizer that takes their brainstorm to an organized format
- Rough Draft Page: A page where students take their ideas and turn them into sentences and paragraphs
- Revise and Edit Page: This page uses ARMS (Add, Remove, Move, Substitute) for the Revise step and CUPS (Capitalization, Usage, Punctuation, Spelling) for the Edit step. Each step has directions and students move the checkmarks after they complete each step.
- Publish Page: Students finally take their revised writing and publish it on colorful and thematic stationery!
Here are some more resources that we think you will LOVE!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!