Teaching Characters, Settings, and Events? Of course, you are!
Here is everything you need to teach Characters, Settings, and Events!
Your Year is Planned with Engaging and Effective Strategies to Teach Every Reading Literature Standard
$$$You save 30% when you purchase this bundle!$$$
★Types of Characters
★Types of Conflict
★Setting of a Story
★Theme in Literature
★Mood in Literature
★Tone in Literature
About This Characters, Setting , and Events Resource:
- Lesson Notes with Practice (Teacher Page and Student Page): Students fill in the blanks and take notes on the standard. Questions to Consider are listed to help students. There is also a short practice that allows students to practice with the class read-aloud book and then an application piece where students practice with their independent reading book.
- Passages with Questions: Students are able to practice with engaging selections
- Show What You Know Page: Students answer the questions to show their understanding of the standard
- “I’m an Expert” Page: This is a one-pager that allows students to be creative and show their understanding of the standard in any format. You will get a quick glimpse into their understanding.
- Foldable: Students will collect text evidence from a book of choice to practice the standard
- 2 Art Activities
- Graphic Organizer: Able to use with any book!
- Higher Level Questioning Cards: There are 4 levels of questioning to use with your students.
- Sentence Frames: Students are given sentence frames to use to help them practice the standard. Great for Quick-Writes!
- Assessment: Students read selections and answer questions about the standard
❤Why You Will Love This Resource❤
- Your year is planned making it a major timesaver!
- Your students will gain a deeper understanding of characters, settings and events
- Your reading instruction will be taken to the next level
- Engaging content that uses multiple modes of learning
- Best practices that teaches the standards to mastery
- Plethora of activities
- Everything you need from introduction to assessment
- Click print and you’re done!
A little about why we love to share our resources with other amazing teachers like you:
We fell in love with Reader’s Notebooks many years ago. Through researching best practices, learning from other Reading Gurus, a little trial and error, a tweak here and there, we designed a formula that we have used in our own classrooms for many years.
Our students love our lessons and activities, and we can say, without a doubt, that our students leave our classrooms with confidence and a deep level of understanding Characters, Settings, and Events!
Your students can do the same, all you have to do is grab this resource, and then you will be equipped to make your students Characters, Settings, and Events Experts!
Love this style of teaching and learning? Be sure to check out:
If you have any questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by The Rigorous Owl.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution is limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.