Want to see a CHANGE in your students’ understanding of CHARACTER CHANGE? With this Character Change Task Card Activity Bundle, students have the opportunity to explore Character Change to mastery!
Here’s what’s included:
- 16 Task Cards with colorful graphics
- Blank Task Cards with blackline images for students to create their own task cards
- Blank template for students to create their own multiple choice questions
- Graphic Organizers for students to fill out for each task card
- Large graphics to create a bulletin board display
- Multiple choice “Recipe Cards” where students practice describing the character at the beginning of the passage, the event that changed the character and the character at the end
- Identifying if the character had a positive or negative change
- A “Mix It Up” activity where students can pick a task card and change it from a negative change to a positive change or vice versa.
- An activity where students can think of other events that could have caused the same change
- TONS OF DIFFERENTIATION!
***Disclaimer*** Some of the task cards have a Negative Character Change. This is one of the activities. The negative character changes are:
- A girl loses her dog and doesn’t want to play soccer because it reminds her of her dog
- A girl thinks she’s a great drawer, but realizes she might not be
- A girl breaks her leg and is unable to play in a sports competition
- A girl wants to play an instrument, but then discovers it’s not for her
- A boy starts off as an outdoor adventurist and then discovers video games which makes him a couch potato
- A boy plans an elaborate birthday party, but his parents can’t afford it, so he gets mad at them
- A boy gets a new baby brother and can’t get enough sleep
- A girl wants freedom to go places without her parents and realizes that it’s not as safe as she thinks
There are two activities based off of positive and negative character changes. Students sort them and then they also take a negative character change and change it to a positive character change. We use Growth Mindset in our classroom and we are telling you that this conversation is so rich! Students get to analyze character change and they also get to reflect on how you should respond to life events! A win win!
Need More Resources for Character Change? We’ve got you covered!
Check out our other Key Idea and Detail products:
- Character Bundle: Character Motivation, Character Traits, Character Analysis, Types of Characters
- Character Motivation
- Types of Characters
- Character Analysis
- Character Traits
- Types of Conflict
Key Ideas and Details Tools:
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don’t miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This pack is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting my hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.