Multiply 2-Digit 2-Digit Numbers Using AREA MODEL Small Group Instruction Booklets Bundle!
Are you ready for a resource that will take care of all your small group needs for double-digit multiplication using area model? We’ve got you covered!
You’ve taught the standard, and you know that all of your students have not mastered the content. What do you do? Hold small groups!
Depending on the degree of the student’s understanding, place students in the appropriate group. Have them progress as their understanding improves!
Each Small Group Booklet is set up in the same format, so you can run your small groups smoothly.
Here’s What You Get:
- Group Planning Sheet for Small Group Instruction: Look at your data and decide which students belong in each group. Plan out your groupings using this sheet!
- Small Group in Session Signs: Multiple sizes included to meet your needs!
- Anchor Chart: We created an anchor chart just for you and your students! Show step-by-step directions and examples of Multiplying Double-Digit Numbers! Display for student reference! Got a poster maker? Blow it up to display!
- 3 Small Group Instruction Booklets: One for general double-digit multiplication, one focusing on zeros and one focusing on smaller numbers. Each booklet is sure to meet the needs of each of your students!
- Practice Booklet: When students are ready to work on their own, assign this practice booklet!
- •Option 1: What is the rest of the class doing while you are working with small groups? We have a Practice Booklet included for them! Great for centers!
- •Option 2: Send students off from your small group and have them practice on their own or at home!
- Answer Keys included for ALL pages!
Check your small group planning off your list!
How to Effectively Run Your Small Groups:
- Identify students that are struggling with multiplication. Fill out the planning sheet.
- Run copies and fold booklets. Set out at the small group area. Be sure to post the anchor chart.
- Call the students over into the small group. Have them work on the front of the booklet while you get the rest of the class situated and settled in. Be sure to post your “Small Group in Session” sign and go over expectations with the rest of the class during this time.
- Pop on over to your group and check the facts from the front page. These facts will help them throughout the booklet and will be a life-saver! Trust us!
- Do the Teacher Model page and have students follow along. Be sure to use “Think-Alouds.”
- Do the “As a Group” page together. Be sure to give everyone a chance to participate.
- Assign the “On Your Own” page. Students can work there while you pop around to the rest of the class, or you can send them back to their seats and pull the next group. Be sure to check back with them to see how well they did!
- Put students in the next group up as they progress!
- Once they have gone through all of the groups, assign the Practice Booklet when they are ready to work on their own!
Other resources you may want to give a try:
If you have any questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
This resource is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by © The Rigorous Owl
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.